Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)   Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Contact us info@audiomixingplatform.com

FORUMS

Author Topic: Mixer Clip Light  (Read 842 times)

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
Mixer Clip Light
« on: July 09, 2018, 12:52:51 AM »
If you have multiple mixer windows open, clicking on a clip light to turn it off only affects the current window, and not any other open mixer windows.

jlepore

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mixer Clip Light
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 05:26:45 PM »
if you right click on it in exactly the right place, it will clear them all (unless that got broken). My ratio is usually 5 context menu popups before I hit it in the right place.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:28:39 PM »
Yes that is intended behavior. Do you think it should not be?

jlepore

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
Honestly I'd be happy if just a normal left click would clear it everywhere. An argument can be made for if it should do all channels or just everywhere that single channel is represented. I personally prefer all channels - If i'm resetting clips, I can't see why I wouldn't do all of them at once, but I can see someone thinking they'll handle them one at a time for some reason.

skuithe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
I agree single left to clear all.

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »
As long as there is a way to clear all. I was just unaware of the right click.

Joe, are you still using Knobfarm?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 04:14:52 AM »
I have put in a request to swap left and right clicks for the clip lights.

jlepore

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 03:34:26 AM »

Absolutely. My only way to mix monitors :)

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:37:24 AM »

Absolutely. My only way to mix monitors :)

I've been working on an updated version.
Was just curious what resolution and windows you are using, typical channel count, ect. If at all possible, could you post a screenshot?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:50:21 AM by brettbrandon »

jlepore

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 05:20:31 PM »
Not easily.  Won't be back near that rig for a bit.

I use it on my left monitor (1920x1080).
I place the vertical channel strip (the full 2-tab one) on the left edge, the Mix select that you built spaced out for the knob farm on the right edge of that screen, and then the knob farm on the rest of the space on that monitor - however many channels that fits.  All my other junk is on the right monitor.

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 01:55:32 AM »
I probably should have started a new thread for this... I hijacked my own thread.
Here is a pic showing the new version. It is still missing the pan and solo. I am waiting for a fix to the auxillary-bars widget so I can adjust the height and spacing of the aux send sliders, then I can finish it. The aux sliders will be almost twice the size (height) they are now. The auxs will also be color coded similar to the original. The top mixer only shows input channels, and the bottom only aux masters. You will see 32 input channels on a 1920 wide screen. Also making the clip indicator larger for easier clicking.

jlepore

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 01:00:10 AM »
The old Yamaha style.  Not a huge fan.   The thing I like with the current one is the target is large enough that once I find it, I can hold the mouse relatively steady and use the scroll wheel while my head is up looking at the stage without worrying about falling off of it.  Anything that requires moving the actual mouse has the tendency to let  you "fall off" the control and either stop being effective, or changing something you didn't want to, and you don't really have a sense of how far you're moving without looking down.

If I was just trying to do fx levels on a FOH mix, the smaller would be fine. If I'm doing monitors, I have no problem dedicating the one monitor to it.   Honestly, between the channel strip and the knob farm, I don't actually look at the other monitor often.

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 07:47:49 AM »
The sliders were going to be about twice the size they are showing. That is the part of the widget that isn't working. They can also be adjusted hovering with the mouse wheel.
I really don't like the horizontal sliders. The reason I was reworking this was to make it easier to see all the levels at a glance. The rotary knobs make that kind of hard.
Here's another idea I just had. Big fat vertical sliders (should have thought of this the first time). You can hover and use the mouse wheel or the popup slider...
With the Channel Strip and the Mix Select windows open, you will get 32 input channels visable.

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
Here is with all windows.

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 02:51:06 AM »
Just posted this mixer for download in the WDL Hacking section...