Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: X touch extender IP connection  (Read 2688 times)

RBIngraham

X touch extender IP connection
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:36:17 PM »

So as others have run into, now that I finally got a couple of CAT5 cables and hooked things up via Ethernet.  I can not get the X Touch extender to work with AMP.

I can open a Command Line window and ping the X Touch Extender and I get a response.  So I know that the computer and X Touch have a network connection.  I have no other software to test with, so I'm not sure how else I could see if the connection is working or not. 

On the X Touch I've tried MCU mode and Ctrl mode (the X Touch native protocol).  I didn't bother with HUI mode.

In AMP I've tried RTP MIDI and X Touch in the Connection type.  Neither works no matter which I try.

I tried loading all combinations I could think of  with the template matching the mode the X touch was in and with it not matching.  No change. 

The X touch just sits there with IP Wait in the first channel display.

Any ideas why?  Any other way to test further than a ping?

crazysubguy

Re: X touch extender IP connection
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 05:45:08 PM »

I'm not sure I know enough to troubleshoot, but I can post what is working for me.
For the extender:
Mode = MC
Ifc = Network
Network Mode = DHCP on,
Role = Slave
Port 5004.

In the GUI config window: enable for WDL (and the applicable mix window), rtpMidi, the MCU-ext.xml template, and entered the IP address for the extender.

It normally takes about 10 seconds after I hit OK in the config window before everything syncs up and the "wait" message goes away.  The scribble strips are initially blank, but if I change the mix, then everything populates. I'm using a version (10.5) of the GUI prior to the buttons lighting up and colors in the scribble strips.

RBIngraham

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »

Bob,

Is the above description the way the extender is supposed to work?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 07:41:39 PM »

Hi Richard,

Yes it is exactly corr ct. however, there is a bug in the last released version that snuck in just before I copied over the release version. Will be corrected in the next one.

Bob

AshleyCecil

• RegularPosters
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:27:23 AM »

A topic for the index and mode is played for the right use of the offers. The challenge of the rush essay review is grouped for the turns. Reform is injected for the attachment and its move for the reforms for the tips for the goals for humans.