Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)   Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Contact us info@audiomixingplatform.com

FORUMS

Author Topic: X touch extender IP connection  (Read 197 times)

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • AMP Stuff on RBI Sound Site
X touch extender IP connection
« on: July 04, 2018, 02:36:17 AM »
So as others have run into, now that I finally got a couple of CAT5 cables and hooked things up via Ethernet.  I can not get the X Touch extender to work with AMP.

I can open a Command Line window and ping the X Touch Extender and I get a response.  So I know that the computer and X Touch have a network connection.  I have no other software to test with, so I'm not sure how else I could see if the connection is working or not. 

On the X Touch I've tried MCU mode and Ctrl mode (the X Touch native protocol).  I didn't bother with HUI mode.

In AMP I've tried RTP MIDI and X Touch in the Connection type.  Neither works no matter which I try.

I tried loading all combinations I could think of  with the template matching the mode the X touch was in and with it not matching.  No change. 

The X touch just sits there with IP Wait in the first channel display.

Any ideas why?  Any other way to test further than a ping?

Richard B. Ingraham

crazysubguy

• RegularPosters
    • View Profile
Re: X touch extender IP connection
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
I'm not sure I know enough to troubleshoot, but I can post what is working for me.
For the extender:
Mode = MC
Ifc = Network
Network Mode = DHCP on,
Role = Slave
Port 5004.

In the GUI config window: enable for WDL (and the applicable mix window), rtpMidi, the MCU-ext.xml template, and entered the IP address for the extender.

It normally takes about 10 seconds after I hit OK in the config window before everything syncs up and the "wait" message goes away.  The scribble strips are initially blank, but if I change the mix, then everything populates. I'm using a version (10.5) of the GUI prior to the buttons lighting up and colors in the scribble strips.

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • AMP Stuff on RBI Sound Site
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
Bob,

Is the above description the way the extender is supposed to work?
Richard B. Ingraham

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 11:41:39 PM »
Hi Richard,

Yes it is exactly corr ct. however, there is a bug in the last released version that snuck in just before I copied over the release version. Will be corrected in the next one.

Bob