Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)   Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Contact us info@audiomixingplatform.com

FORUMS

Author Topic: Midi controller not saved  (Read 677 times)

FredBijnen

• RegularPosters
    • View Profile
Midi controller not saved
« on: May 21, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »
Midi command template is not saved in preferences

skuithe

• View Profile
Re: Midi controller not saved
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 10:52:53 PM »
I reported the same issue in the controllers section. Still unable to get the xctl protocol and template to work..

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 04:55:00 AM »
Hey Keith,

When you set the GUI to connect to the X-Touch with the X-Ctrl protocol, does the unit blank the display of its IP address?

Bob

skuithe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
Negative, just sits there showing the IP address and the slave IP which is all zeros..

hclague

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »
Hi

I'm also confirming that this is happening for me as well in the new version Gui. I have the x-touch compact connected via USB and using the MCU template. The Template does not save and is missing when I re-open the gui. I then have to re-select the template and change the midi channel to something different and then back to get it to sync again.

Hal

jeremyjo

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:23:17 PM »
I have an X-Touch and an Extender together and connected via network with the MCU and the MCU-Ex templates and they come back each time. I can try to get some time to connect them via USB. But I haven't seen any template issues with the network connection.

J

hclague

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 08:48:40 PM »
I have an X-Touch and an Extender together and connected via network with the MCU and the MCU-Ex templates and they come back each time. I can try to get some time to connect them via USB. But I haven't seen any template issues with the network connection.

J

J

Can you explain how you connect the units to the network wirelessly?

Thanks

Hal

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • AMP Stuff on RBI Sound Site
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »
It's not networked wireless.  The X Touch has a network jack in the back.  The X Touch Compacts are USB only.

With the X Touch you just hook up a network switch to the computer and each X Touch and it should be ready to go. 

Richard B. Ingraham

hclague

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
Thanks Richard. That makes sense. All my Remotes need to be wireless so that's not an option for me right now.

Hal

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
You could still use a laptop linked to the host via Wi-Fi.  Just set up a small switch to your hardware LAN port on the laptop.  Bridge the two networks within the laptop.  And then the laptop should be able to talk to both the X Touch and your Host.

The X Touch also works via USB however, so it's probably just easier to do it that way.  Bob likes pushing the network attached control surface because it doesn't cause as many issues if it gets disconnected from the GUI.  (from what I'm told, I personally have no experience)

I personally have not had very many issues with USB surfaces disconnecting.  But my systems typically get set up and then just sit there for a couple months.
Richard B. Ingraham

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »
Agreed, except I've also seen wifi issues at times as well.  Nothing beats a wire!  FWIW, I've made network bridges by using the DD-WRT firmware in a regular linksys router, and then connected stuff with a switch like Richard was saying.. Cheap way to do it!

Bob

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
I fully agree.  I could never trust wi-fi links to my host for my shows.  At least not as the sole or primary GUI/control point.  Sometimes as a roam around the space and tweak tool but that is all. 

But other folks have different needs and requirements.  So I can understand why some insist on working that way.
Richard B. Ingraham