Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MOTU AVB interfaces successfully working with AMP  (Read 2515 times)

jlepore

Re: MOTU AVB interfaces successfully working with AMP
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 09:28:01 PM »

FWIW: There is a HUGE difference in the sound of the RIO boxes and an M7. I've only listened to the TIOs a few times, but they are better as well.

There are 16x8 and 32x24 boxes available in the RIO line that sound amazing.

RBIngraham

Re: MOTU AVB interfaces successfully working with AMP
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »

FWIW: There is a HUGE difference in the sound of the RIO boxes and an M7. I've only listened to the TIOs a few times, but they are better as well.

There are 16x8 and 32x24 boxes available in the RIO line that sound amazing.

Good to know, Thanks!

I'm familiar with the RIO units but have never done more than look at a TIO at a trade show.  Unfortunately the RIOs are out of a price range I could justify for most of the clients I would actually be providing a mixing console for.  Some day when AMP is actually released and I could recommend and/or put together a system for someone I could probably just go with RIO units and/or the Atterotech units with 32 inputs or outputs in a single rack space.

Oh well, in reality the next thing I need more is control surfaces as my mixers really hate the BCFs.  So I'll probably just stick with MOTU 424 based stuff for at least another year.  It works just fine and it's paid for.
Pages: 1 [2]