Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: So close  (Read 1752 times)

gilnavarro

So close
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »

So, assuming you will have the current updates stable and GUI windows updated relatively soon, Id say throw some RTAs on the eqs and take this thing outta beta. Its running smoothly here.

RBIngraham

Re: So close
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »

I'd say... just take this thing out of beta.   :)

gilnavarro

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:00:34 PM »

Just wanted to find a creative way to ask for RTAs :)

gilnavarro

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »

It would also be great to have a separate rta window that we can assign to the solo bus. Anything that gets solod has the rta.

JeremyJo

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

I also suggest a release version. I've been using AMP without show stoppers for quite a while now, weekly, almost daily.  A few minor install and configuration quibbles, but not really anything insurmountable and a learning curve like any similar product.

Just MY opinion.

J

RBIngraham

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »

Just wanted to find a creative way to ask for RTAs :)

Nice!

fdew

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »

It is time to shoot the developer (Or at least tie him up) and release AMP.  I feel selfish having this great product and I can't tell others to buy it.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »

"Shoot the Developer"?? Yikes!  Isn't that byting the hand that feeds you?  lol!

fdew

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 09:11:27 AM »

Its not personal.  It's just that developers never finish. There is always one more feature or one more bug. 

No software author has ever willingly handed over his work.  I know this because it is the same for engineers.  You the business man need to sneak up on you the software guy and take his software and release it.  Then you need to get out of the way and let you the marketer sell it.

The only danger is that you will get mad at your self and stop speaking to your self for a while.  In my case, I got over it in time.   Grin

JeremyJo

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 03:17:46 PM »

What Frank said

RBIngraham

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »

I've worked for developers who were actually a little too quick to call something "done" and then shove it out the door.  And frankly..  it cost them.

I do think it's time to release the product on it's own merits.  But I am also glad Bob has been patient and not released something that wasn't ready for prime time.