Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)   Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Contact us info@audiomixingplatform.com

FORUMS

Author Topic: Mult-band question  (Read 658 times)

gilnavarro

• View Profile
Mult-band question
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »
In your release notes you state that there are 32 multiís per engine, but there are only 16 slots in the effects rack. What am I missing? Something embarrassingly simply Iím sure.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mult-band question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:17 PM »
Hi GIl,

Actually, you are right!  The current Effects WDL doesn't show more than 16 slots.  This just needs to be updated.  The GUI and Engine both support the full 32.  I think we need 4 more tabs.

Personally, I think we also need a smaller Effects window.  The current one seems to take up a lot of real estate.

Bob

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • AMP Stuff on RBI Sound Site
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »
I agree it's a bit crazy for the number of controls.  I would suggest ditching the big knobs.  But that's just me, I never really care for trying to make software look like hardware.
Richard B. Ingraham

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »
Personally, I think we also need a smaller Effects window.  The current one seems to take up a lot of real estate.

I have to agree but unless you can change the layout so that different effects can have different size windows, it's no go.
The reason the windows are so big is because of the graphic eq. The window is as small as I could make it and still have the eq controls what I considered still readable/useable. Being that all effects share the same size window, the other effects are stuck with that window size (I used big knobs to fill the space).

Brett
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:07:47 PM by brettbrandon »

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »

I have to agree but unless you can change the layout so that different effects can have different size windows, it's no go.
The reason the windows are so big is because of the graphic eq. The window is as small as I could make it and still have the eq controls what I considered still readable/useable. Being that all effects share the same size window, the other effects are stuck with that window size (I used big knobs to fill the space).

Brett

And Brett reminds us why he is the .wdl master!

Thanks for the reminder.
Richard B. Ingraham

jeremyjo

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:19 PM »
I kinda like the big knobs in the FX wdl. You can scroll them with the mouse wheel, or touch and drag vertically with a tablet or touch screen, they work well for me. I wish for a different color scheme to match with other stuff. the size is meh, but I'd like to see a two wide version. I edited one, but it never made it into "production".

J

Richard B. Ingraham

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 07:55:09 PM »
Fair enough.  To be honest, I use all the effects so little I don't really care.  Most of the time, I open the wdl, put the settings where I want them and the close the wdl and never look at it again till the next show.

I often use another computer hosting plug ins for my reverbs as well.  And lots of times when I need effects processing on a show I need more than just reverb and delay so there is where Live Professor comes in for me.
Richard B. Ingraham

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 08:48:00 PM »
I wish for a different color scheme to match with other stuff.

There are a few different color schemes. Are you looking for one in particular?

I was thinking about a one space version with 32 tabs but it's been so long since working on it, I don't recall all the limitations.

gilnavarro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 11:04:22 PM »
What about one FX window, four tabs, and a drop-down window on each tab displaying the 8 slots, but the drop-down images would be smaller. Just thinking out loud.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:06:31 PM by gilnavarro »

gilnavarro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 11:54:00 AM »
Maybe 5 tabs. The fifth tab would display all fx windows (smaller windows).

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
Gil, can you draw out what you are describing?  I'm having a hard time picturing it.

Bob

jeremyjo

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »
@BrettBrandon

I like the Basic Blue wdls, I use the Basic Blue minimal (heavily edited - I wanted Pan,  EQ thumbnail and tabs) and I like the Full max channel strip (also edited to have HA gain, P48 and some labels).  Those have similar coloring and look somewhat cohesive.

Sorry Bob, but I don't care for the "visuals" of the "stock" WDLs the polish helps it all "look" like it belongs together and look like a finished product.

But that's just me.

gilnavarro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »
Bob, Iíll sketch up something simple in cad when I get a minute. Getting ready for a three day outdoor thing. Itíll be a few days

brettbrandon

• Beta Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
@BrettBrandon

I like the Basic Blue wdls, I use the Basic Blue minimal (heavily edited - I wanted Pan,  EQ thumbnail and tabs) and I like the Full max channel strip (also edited to have HA gain, P48 and some labels).  Those have similar coloring and look somewhat cohesive.

Did some updating...

Added the rest of the tabs for the full 32 slots. Also fixed some errors in the code.
Colored the modules.

I'll post the files later today, got to get some sleep...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
Brett, you are THE MAN!  Please send those to me, I'll put them in the source tree.

Bob