Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X touch extender  (Read 5303 times)

RBIngraham

Re: X touch extender
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 01:09:06 PM »

Just picked up a Xtouch Extender.  So far it works well via USB, using the MCU mode.

Have to test the network mode later when I have all the pieces parts I need. 

The color support is indeed not functional.  I suspect a pair of Extenders is all I really need for most shows.  The main drawback I see is that there is not really a way to bank switch between channels with just the Extender.  Not an issue for me really but probably would be an issue for most users.

My GUI preferences seem to be saving the controller settings properly.  At least for MIDI controllers.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 03:02:10 PM »

Richard: welcome to the dark side!  Hahaha

So you could make the pan pot pushes be bank selects, or other such fun features.

Bob

RBIngraham

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 09:52:16 AM »

Ah, that might work.  I'll tinker with it some day if I ever need to.  But most days I just don't need back switching.

As for supporting Uli, I really hate having to support that organization.  If there were other equally featured options even close in price I would go that route.  But most are either very expensive or development seems to have stopped about 10 years ago (Mackie anyone?)  So it comes down to Behringer or Presonus it seems.

As if we needed one more reason to not support Behringer:
https://cdm.link/2018/06/behringer-have-sued-dave-smith-instruments-forum-posters-for-defamation/
Pages: 1 [2]