Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Using a BCF AND a BCR to control AMP....  (Read 2785 times)

Jeffsco

Using a BCF AND a BCR to control AMP....
« on: July 10, 2015, 12:18:59 PM »

Is it....or would it be possible to control AMP with both a BCF 2000 and the BCR Rotarty Fader unit at the same time? I'm thinking several banks of faders and the BCR giving access to the various EQ, Comp or Aux functions.

brettbrandon

Re: Using a BCF AND a BCR to control AMP....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »

AMP supports 8 controllers and each has its own template. Each controller can even be locked to a specific window.
I don't see why you couldn't.
This is what Bob had for the BCR2000 about a month ago....

Here is the latest version of the template I just made.  Untested, as I did it in the plane heading to infocomm!

Layout is:

Gate Thr     De-Ess Thr    De-Ess Ratio    De-Ess Low    De-Ess Hi   Comp Thr  Comp Ratio   Comp Release

(auxes on the next 3 layers)

HA Gain   EQ1 Gain    EQ2 Gain   EQ3 Gain   EQ4 Gain    EQ5 Gain   EQ6 Gain   EQ7 Gain

LC Freq  EQ1 Freq    EQ2 Freq   EQ3 Freq   EQ4 Freq    EQ5 Freq  EQ6 Freq   EQ7 Freq

Comp      EQ1 BW     EQ2 BW     EQ3 BW    EQ4 BW     EQ5 BW     EQ6 BW    EQ7 BW
makeup
 gain

RBIngraham

Re: Using a BCF AND a BCR to control AMP....
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »

Is it....or would it be possible to control AMP with both a BCF 2000 and the BCR Rotarty Fader unit at the same time? I'm thinking several banks of faders and the BCR giving access to the various EQ, Comp or Aux functions.

The short answer is yes. 

Just to add to what Brett pointed out.  You can not only have up to 8 controller devices but they can all be mix and match.  I've had a BCF and a tiny Korg Nano hooked up at the same time for example. One controller could be as simple as a MIDI solutions footswitch controller to allow for performer controls or something.

Each instance of the GUI can have up to 8 controllers and better yet each instance of the GUI can have it's own dedicated Solo outputs.  Assuming of course that you have enough dedicated outputs available.

Plus the templates that tell the AMP GUI what to do with the controller are end user editable.  They are not as simple to edit as the GUI windows are but it can be done.  So if there is something you really don't care for or want to change...  the answer is....  yes you can change that assuming that there are hooks to those functions.

For example, at some point in the future I'm going to try and work to re-purpose those bank buttons on the BCFs so they can be a "GO" button to recall the next scene and perhaps some other functions more useful in theatre sound.