Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help with BCF2000 sysex file saving...  (Read 4369 times)

Jeffsco

Help with BCF2000 sysex file saving...
« on: May 30, 2016, 02:27:37 AM »

Spent a lot of time yesterday trying to get a bcf200 work with AMP via USB.

The laptop would not recognize the BCF....and then it did but AMP did not and then it did and then Midiox would not see BCF unit.

Finally I  got the AMP sysex file to download to the BCF...and the GUI preferences to recognize it and I was able to make the faders move and pan and mute and solo etc.

Problem is...once the sysex file has downloaded (about 15 minutes)...the BCF controller is open to Preset 32 and I cannot save the sysex changes to it or any other preset. I press the store button and it does not flash as per the manual....and pressing it a second time does not save it. As soon as you switch to another preset and back....the GUI control is lost and you have to reload the sysex file all over again.

Any ideas or help?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with BCF2000 sysex file saving...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:06:33 AM »

You only need to send the sysex file once.  After that, then change the program to P1.  Programs 17-20 I believe are sac-compatible templates.  Programs 1-16 are for AMP, using different MIDI channels (if you really needed to).

I suspect your issue is that it was on the wrong program.

Also, in order to change modes, you will need to be in program 17 or higher.

Bob

Jeffsco

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:27:48 AM »

I was reading the Behringer manual for the BCF and it mentioned that when the unit recieves a sysex dump it holds it in temporary storage so that you can Save it and assign it to a Preset.

So....does the AMP sysex transfer not require this? I guess not if the channels come pre programmed and divided for various setups.

I'll go back and try it.

And by modes you mean U1 to 4 and S1 to 4?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »

That's not totally accurate information for this SysEx dump.  You can make the file save it in the internal presets, which is what the AMP BCF file does.

Yes, to change the interface modes (U1-U4, S1-S4), you need to go to preset 17 or higher.

Bob

Jeffsco

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:29 AM »

Followed your instructions and got it working. Thanks Bob.

There are a couple of anomalies that threw me though. After downloading the sysex file, the Preferences Midi Controller did not show the BCF  in the drop down box. I had to open the controller 2 tab and click on a few things and then it appeared.Even then...on Controller 1 / preset 1 ....the first fader jumped up all the way to the top of its travel even though the first fader was down on the GUI. I banked the faders up and back and then everything worked fine. Fader was back where it should be and the BCF Responsive as it was supposed to be.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »

Sounds like you were having an interface anomaly as well. One thing to remember in WIndows is that whatever MIDI ports you have available at the time of the program start is usually all you get, and if another program is using the midi port (such as MidiOx for your SysEx programming), you'll need to close it, wait a sec, then restart the AMP GUI before everything will talk correctly.

Glad you got it working though!

WHen you're ready for a bigger interface, have a peek at the Behringer X-Touch.  We're looking into implementing its native X-Ctl protocol with RTP MIDI, which will give you colored scribble strips.

Bob