Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Behringer X-Touch  (Read 17950 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Behringer X-Touch
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »

Ah, you were quick in finding that! :-)  We forgot to include a folder in with the .zip.. Just uploaded the revised file with the proper files.

mattseymour

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 09:20:58 AM »

Hi Bob, with the Mackie Control template does the main fader always control the main LR out (assuming there is one) once I've set the controller to 9 faders?

RBIngraham

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »

Hi Bob, with the Mackie Control template does the main fader always control the main LR out (assuming there is one) once I've set the controller to 9 faders?

I have not played with that particular template and controller, but unless it works differently than every other controller set up in AMP, no it doesn't always do that.

You can make it do that by going into your controller set up and then locking that 9th controller to the channel number of your "main fader", whatever channel that happens to be.  And then you would have that same functionality but without being locked into using what someone else thinks should always be your main fader.  If you catch my drift there...

mattseymour

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »

Aha.... so, as I essentially ask bits of the same question in different threads it all comes together.

Excellent. I'll give that a try.

mattseymour

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 05:36:10 AM »

So I tried fixing fader 9 of the X-touch to my 'master' DCA and it didn't work. I found the GUI just ignored whatever I put in that box and fader 9 carried on being the ninth fader.

In case it's significant I was running the x-touch as the second controller with a BCF as the first. The BCF was fixed onto another 8 DCAs and that worked just fine. I didn't have time to experiment with this any further.

When switching between mixes I'd like the controller to return to where it was, rather than the far left channel. Is there an option for this?

RBIngraham

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »

Sounds like either a bug in AMP GUI itself or a big in the controller template.

Just to be certain, in your GUI preferences, on the Controller Tab/Icon, you have the X-Touch set up as Ctrl 2.  It is set for 9 channels and you set the lock on the 9th fader to the channel of your choosing and checked the little box to lock it?

It's pretty self explanatory but I figured I would double check.

I know I have a template for my little Korg Nano and it has 9 faders and it worked fine with locking.  At least the last time I checked anyway.  So I suspect a bug has cropped up someplace.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »

Hey Matt,

Hmm, that should not be happening.  I'll have to try it here later today.  So you're saying what when you made fader 9 "Fixed", it did not stay fixed?  What about the other channels - did you try that with them?  Did it change with Mixes, or VIew groups?

Bob

mattseymour

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »

Hi Bob, Richard, yes that's right. BCF was controller 1 with all its faders fixed on channels (DCAs in this case) and that worked fine. X-Touch was controller 2 with 9 faders. I didn't try fixing any of the other faders, just fader 9. My plan was to use it as an overall master.

With the tick box checked and the channel selected, it was ignored. Fader 9 behaved as if I hadn't fixed it.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »

BTW, here are the "innards".  Separate fader board, but one board for all the rest.  Very un-motormix-like! :-)  Unfortunately, no way to just "cut out" the button area.

skuithe

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 06:16:48 PM »

They make an 8 fader extender that does not have the transport and all yhe buttons.

It's  just like the mackie mcu pro extender.

SK

mattseymour

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 07:25:20 PM »

Do you mean the X-touch compact? That one, crucially, doesn't have scribble strips. So it's a nicer set of faders than a bcf2000 but probably not any more functional.

RBIngraham

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »

Yes I am aware of the X touch compact.  And as I have mentioned before I don't really care about scribble strips.  They are nice to have but I will trade saving space for lack of scribble strips.  To me what is more unfortunate is that the compact is USB only.  That ethernet interface would be really cool.

For me personally even the compact has a lot of waste.  Hell so does the BCF really. 

Perhaps some day we'll find a simple box with 24 faders, mutes ands solos. Select buttons and scribble strips optional.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »

SO now is a good time to ask: what would you guys like to see the 8 rotary encoders on the left side  of the X-touch compact do?  Sure wish it had *some* kind of identifier so that we could make the top 8 encoders do different things, and  be able to quickly identify just what they are controlling.

Bob

RBIngraham

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:37 AM »

My vote would be to just make them another "channel" that could be locked down to any fader of our choosing.  But I realize for those that back around that's probably a big pain in the ass and not desirable.

In taking a better look at the picture... one thing is for certain.  I wouldn't want that bottom row of buttons to do anything!  Way too easy to push by accident.  In fact that looks so damn non ergonomic that I might just have to rethink even bothering with these things.  What a stupid place to put buttons, right where you want to place your wrist.

Oh well... don't pay any attention to me.  What I want is probably not what most want so I'll just have to bug you for help in modifying the template to my liking later.   :)

skuithe

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 11:01:49 PM »

Do you mean the X-touch compact? That one, crucially, doesn't have scribble strips. So it's a nicer set of faders than a bcf2000 but probably not any more functional.
Sorry I was thinking of the icon controller line.

KUI
Pages: 1 [2] 3