Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Behringer X-Touch  (Read 17984 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Behringer X-Touch
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 01:04:28 AM »

Actually, having the Solo button on the bottom isn't too bad.  It makes soloing a bit easier, and you don't kill something if you hit it by accident.  I think Soundcraft does that also.

Bob

RBIngraham

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »

Maybe...  but I hate having anything "under" where my hands are supposed to go.  It's like all those desks in the analog days that would put the scribble strip at the bottom of the faders.  STUPID!  When your hand is on the faders you can no longer see the labels!

Who thinks up this shit?  Clearly not folks that actually mix anything during the shows.

I would never use Soundcraft as a good example of much of anything other than in the analog days many of their desks sounded pretty nice.  But I don't remember a single one I've used that I actually thought was ergonomically well laid out.  Lots of odd controls that were laid out in backwards fashion.  Especially their master sections on the analog beasts.  Often a pain in the ass to find the right dial.

Anyway I think those buttons are not only worthless but also get in the way of comfortable mixing.  Maybe I would feel differently if I got to play with one "in the flesh" so to speak.  But that's my gut reaction.

Actually I'm glad Steve reminded me of the iCon gear.  The Qcon Ex actually looks about right to me.  And if you do want the one with all the buttons and knobs on it, you could get a Qcon Pro and then a couple of Ex units and they appear to have the same footprint, which is nice.  The expander also has the scribble strip.

The iControl Pro might even be useful for personal mixing tasks.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »

Does anyone here have any of the Qcon boxes?

mattseymour

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 04:19:01 AM »

I notice Behringer have released updated firmware with a mode for controlling the X-Air mixers. Looks like this gives access to scribble strip colour and, maybe, the high res display.

mattseymour

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »

Also, appears to be an extension of the MCU protocol rather than OSC so perhaps not to difficult to implement in AMP....

Bob, let me know if I can be any help gathering info. I can probably get hold of an X-air mixer and snoop the communication between it and the X-Touch if that's any use.

Cheers

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 12:13:53 PM »

HI Matt,

Oh, it now does color?!  Yes, would definitely like to know what they did for that!  Any info you could figure out would be most helpful!  I don't have an X-air here.

Bob

mattseymour

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 03:06:18 PM »

I'll see if I can get hold of an x-air and see what I can find out.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:31 PM »

Looks like some others are looking for the same: http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?9114-X-Touch-Scribble-Color

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2016, 10:52:09 PM »

Just an update: the X-Touch seems to work rather nicely over the network using the rtpMIDI program.  It even seems to work after a reboot! :-)

This is the first step in getting the colored scribble strips working.

Bob

mattseymour

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 03:49:53 AM »

Hurrah! I completely failed in my attempts to get some packet captures between an X-Touch and an XR18... Sorry.

mattseymour

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »

fdew

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »

I just went over to the Behringer forum.  (Huge step for me)  I was looking for a blank template that I can edit.  I ran across the following

https://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?12571-Nice-add-on-(missing-part-in-the-XTOUCH-)

It allows you to use the X-touch on your wireless WiFi network for $18.  I am a big fan of the FOH being hardwired, but for other uses it might be handy.

hclague

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »

Hi Guys

Looking at getting a hold of an X-touch compact controller. What files will I need to get it to work with AMP and where are they located for download? Planning on using it connected via USB to start.

Thanks

Hal

mattseymour

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »

Nothing extra needed. Stick it in MC USB mode and select the mackie control template.

hclague

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »

Cool. Thanks Matt
Pages: 1 2 [3]