Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Updated 0.9.18 GUI (and 0.9.7 host)  (Read 11764 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updated 0.9.18 GUI (and 0.9.7 host)
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:10:23 AM »

Ok everyone, here's a nice update!  New files have been posted in the files section, so grab 'em while they're hot! :-)

GUI 0.9.18 Changes:
 - Added WDL in the media section for Multi-track playback,
 - Fixed Show Save function incorrectly adding the show directory name (reported in a thread here),
 - Font sizes are now independent from the system font size setting,
 - Mute Group WDL buttons now sync between GUIs,
 - WDL widget Read-only parameter now also works for spinboxes,
 - MEDIATIME widget added to display times for media players / recorders,
 - File Transfer function now supports more operations (like delete),
 - De-Esser sidechain source selection now works correctly,
 - Mixer Design section removed from Preferences, and given its own area (making the preferences area smaller for better viewing on small monitors) (reported here),
 - Basic Keyboard WDL for touch screens added,
 - User Default View Group now supported,
 - Text-font attribute added for WDLs, so custom TTF fonts (currently one per WDL) may be used,
 - Changes made to Channel Names & Routing now show immediately (reported here),
 - F-Key recall to a blank window issue now fixed.

Note that this GUI requires Host version 0.9.7 for full media support.

Host 0.9.7 Changes:
 - Fixed more issues with certain .WAV header formats (better compatibility)
 - Fixed Effects parameter syncing between GUIs (although it might sync too well - looks like it might cross between engines)
 - Fixed Delay Effects display so that values match when both channels are set to be synced
 - Added commands for Multi-track Media Playback and Record
 - Channel tap 1 is now pre-HA gain, only including the polarity switch
 - A stereo channel that is sourced from another channel's tap now works properly
 - Saving a show to an invalid filename now returns the proper error

D/L, Test, and report! :-)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Updated 0.9.18 GUI (and 0.9.7 host)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »

Just uploaded GUI 0.9.19, which should fix a couple of the nasty bugs that got introduced in the last version (like not being able to click and move faders, and MIDI controller issues).

The change log:

- Click and drag of Fader fixed
 - Sync of Aux Bars and Aux Mix faders fixed
 - "Follow Hardware Controller" option for WDL now saved in the GUI config
 - Mixer Design Wizard now adds blank unused channels in the layout, for easy future expansion.
 - Password bug when using long passwords fixed
 - MIDI Controller code fixed up, one crash area fixed

Bob

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:46:25 AM »

Just posted GUI version 0.9.23.  The changes:

- More MIDI controller fixes
 - Fix to WDL backgrounds not always showing properly
 - >2 monitors now supported
 - Tap-tempo bug when sending very large values now fixed.
 - Design Wizard now creates the correct number of auxes.
 - Ghost Fader support!!!  (See this in the Basic short w/ Ghost)
 - Right-click, Insert Spacer now available.
 - Additional file functions in the File Transfer section

Enjoy!

Bob

-

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »

Just posted GUI version 0.9.25.  The changes:

- More MIDI controller fixes
 - Ghost fader fixes
 - Tooltips added for all assign type widgets that identify the name associated with that specific button
 - CLICK AND DRAGABLE EQ!!!  This is only currently enabled in the Channel Strip Horizontal, and also with some stock images in the Channel Strip Small WDLs for now.  Use the scrollwheel when over the point to change the bandwidth.

Enjoy!

Bob

hauserulrich

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »

- Tooltips added for all assign type widgets that identify the name associated with that specific button
 - CLICK AND DRAGABLE EQ!!!  This is only currently enabled in the Channel Strip Horizontal, and also with some stock images in the Channel Strip Small WDLs for now.  Use the scrollwheel when over the point to change the bandwidth.

You're a busy group!!! Thanks a lot.
I tried the tooltip on my playground without a host -> didn't work. I expect, there's communication between host and GUI for that....
Dragable EQ: Yes, Yes, Yeeessssssssss :D. How to enable this beauty for the other wdl's? I couldn't see a significant difference in the wdl sources of the channel strips. How do you intend to get usability for bandwidth on a tablet? Any ideas?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »

Yes, you will need to either be connected to a host, or at least a dummy host to have some config that it can use to display data from.

The draggable EQ is turned on simply by passing the parameter of the images to be used.  I think I need Brother Brett (tm) to work his magic on some graphics, because for some reason, I'm having a hard time making transparent images... and you really need some degree of transparency for this to look good.

As for the bandwidth, I'm open to suggestions.  I've seen where they put two additional dots at the 3dB down points, and you grab those and move them horizontally... but I think that makes the look very messy.  The user *can* still click on the spinbox for the bandwidth and tweak that.

Bob

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Updated 0.9.30 GUI
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »

Ok gang,

I just posted the latest 0.9.30 version of the GUI.  A few interesting things:

- MIDI issues with WDLs set to follow controllers all addressed
 - Double-clicking eq graph drag spot will reset that EQ band's gain to 0
 - Control+J crash fixed
 - Mute group buttons with names added (on one WDL, we will need to work on the rest)
 - Re-connect to a new host now updates all parameters correctly
 - MIDI bug when assigned to a hidden WDL file fixed
 - Opening a channel strip will warn if another one is loaded, but then will close old one and open the new one
 - Ghost fader incorrect default position fixed (I think!)
 - GUI Options for turning on/off ghost faders added
 - Design wizard no longer allocates hardware outputs to busses (except main outs)
 - WDL updates and additions (all channel strips now have draggable EQ, and quite a few mixers have the ghost faders, and added Brett's new tabbed channel strip)

Get yer test on! :-)

Bob

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:28 AM »

Just uploaded version 0.9.9 of the ASIO Host.  This has a few fixes, but not all that I wanted to get in here, but wanted to get this out for you guys to do some more testing.

Specifically, it fixes the De-Esser side-chain input, and some minor output stuff.  More importantly though, the Web Gui is a LOT more mature in this one.  There is still work to be done, but at least you guys can start messing around with it.

As you discovered, use the host IP address, port 8000.  It will prompt for a login.  Type in anything for the username, and then use the password field as you would for your normal GUI (blank for the default).

**NOTE!** I do realize the first channel is doubled on the web gui.  This is a bug that will be fixed.

Bob
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:01:23 AM by admin »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Updated host
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 03:46:16 AM »

Ok gang, just uploaded version 0.9.12 of the host.  The web gui is the only significant change.  It has a LOT of fixes since the last version.  Please let us know how it reacts on various devices!

Bob

ktundu

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 05:33:31 AM »

I've had a play with the new webGUI, I've recorded my thoughts below:

1) Major issue accessing it using Chrome on both Windows and Android - it goes into a redirect loop forwarding between the 'index' (login) page and the 'main' (mixer) page. Hitting 'stop' on the main page results in a dysfunctional mixer. Hitting stop on the index page allows you to login and access the mixer normally. I suspect this wouldn't be an issue if I had a password set.

2) Massive increase in usability on Moto G running android - it looks vastly better (I really like it) and is usefully responsive (and response time on desktop seems much better as well). I might try it on my wife's sluggish old Samsung when she gets home to see if an older device can cope.

3) On a smaller screen, it isn't possible to access the faders in landscape mode - I can't scroll the interface down. This means switching into portrait view to adjust any levels, which isn't ideal...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »

Hmm, looks like there is a bug when you have a blank password.  Ok, will do more digging!  You should be able to get around the redirect bug by setting a password for the admin account (for now)

Glad to hear it works ok on the moto devices!

Any idea what the resolution of your screen is in landscape?  Can you go to a full-screen mode?

Bob

ktundu

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 12:31:53 PM »

The screen is 720x1280 I believe, though I can't persuade it to go into a full-screen view. I've attached screenshots of it in both portrait and landscape views. In portrait things don't quite fit and the channel names are slightly cut off, but the faders are all accessible and the interface is eminently useful, while in landscape, the interface is completely unusable...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

Thanks for the screenshots.  That is *not* the native rez though.. There is some major zoom factor going on.  See if you can find the zoom parameter and reset it.

ktundu

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »

Chrome doesn't allow me to change the zoom at all unless I go into the accessibility settings and enable the option 'Force enable zoom', which claims it 'overrides a website's request to prevent zooming in'. Then I can adjust the zoom to my heart's content (and it becomes usable in landscape as well!).

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »

That pic looks more like the normal rez.  I'm pretty sure the code is NOT requesting a zoom.. It looks fine on an android here that uses Chrome.

Anyone else having the same issues?  Suggestions?

Bob
Pages: [1] 2 3