Audio Mixing Platform (AMP)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: a GO button for Scenes  (Read 2558 times)

RBIngraham

a GO button for Scenes
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »

I would like to reprogram some of the buttons on the BCF surfaces.  I know I can figure out the programming of the BCF itself and I think it's fairly straight forward to reassign what commands they perform in the BCF MIDI template. 

But what would be the commands for the following:

Scene GO (i.e. the space bar/load)
Skip to next Scene
Back to Prev. Scene in the list

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: a GO button for Scenes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »

Just checked, and there are indeed MIDI commands to do what you are looking to do:

Command    Function
----------------------
 0x1210      Recall currently selected scene
 0x1211      Recall previous scene
 0x1212      Select previous scene
 0x1213      Select next scene

jlepore

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 04:03:56 AM »

I just would like to make sure those functions don't just appear on random buttons on standard controller profiles. Those can get someone in a LOT of trouble if they are accidentally hit when not expected.  Trust me, I have done that on the Midas desks often enough I actually got them to put a system option in to disable the on surface automation controls.

I get the need in the theater world, but anywhere else it could be a very dangerous thing.

RBIngraham

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »

Relax!   :)

I am not asking Bob to do this.  I am simply asking him for the commands so I can do it myself and I'll have my own custom templates that only I use.

And if you're nice to me, I won't infiltrate your shows and load my templates when you're not looking.   :P

jlepore

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »

Remember - you only have one night at a venue to catch me - I can cause something to go wrong every night at one of yours  :o